Wednesday, January 14, 2009

swish




"Swish" That is the sound I heard when I opened my truck door this morning! A little river of water came pouring out of my truck cab. It rained a lot last night. I had cardboard for the back window and the rain tore it up pretty good. Yep, I got loaded with water. The good news is that my glass came in and it was put in today! I now have a wet truck with a back window - I do not have to get my pants wet sitting down in my truck.

Pictures: One is out my kitchen window this weekend, we had at least 4 feet of snow. There is still about 2 feet. The other two pictures were when I went cross country skiing at night. They had lights lining the way to the lake, so I took a picture.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am glad you can now fix your truck. I love the last two pictures with the lights and the snow. Very pretty.

Rich said...

Cross country skiing is so peaceful! While I was skiing, I saw 3 other head lights near the glacier as I started out. They were going awasy from the Glacier as I was going to the glacier. I just saw them in the distance. It was quiet and peaceful.

Anonymous said...

you are just in your element, your notes speak volumes on how content you are with your life in Juneau, No snow here in the Ozarks, Zach was in Orlando with his papa for 5 days came home to 25 degrees wanted to get back on the plane and go back. Love the pics, they remind me of Washington on a very nice day no place better to be.

Rich said...

Julie,

I have to say that I am enjoying it. On a sunny day, this place is amazing. It is much like Washington but all the outdoors stuff is closer. 15 miles and I am in a dense forest, or at a Glacier or up on a ski lift. It is all so handy here.

Right now, I could see myself returning here next year. It has been a while since I have thought that.