Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I have had a long week and I have 3 more days to go.  Yesterday, I met with the special ed folks before school.  I had two yelling and screaming kids to deal with before first recess and then a parent meeting with an upset parent.  It came out ok.  I then got out of that meeting to have another yelling and screaming kid which took 45 minutes to calm down.  I then had a parent meeting after school and in the interim, I had a mom tell me her son is moving Thursday.  I have  a lot of work to notify the new school of the new child's needs and only have Wed to do it.  He is a great kid.  He has come a long way with behavior and academic effort.

Then I look at me email and find I have 2 meetings after school so I notify one that I can't make it and go to the other one.  I got out of that meeting at 6:30 PM.  I wake up and think, how many yellers will I have this AM?  I need to finish the paperwork from the meetings yesterday.  I have to talk to the teachers who will be getting my student today.  I can sure say that I am never bored.  In the middle of all of this, I get called to check the bathroom because a boy has been gone for 5 minutes.  I also had a boy tell me, "Don't call my mom she is under stress now and this will not help."  He then told me that he put ketchup packets under the toilet seat and the next boy sat down on the toilet and the packets exploded."  he forgot to tell me that the boy who got ketchuped was very upset.  I took him to the Principal and he is cleaning for 3 days and yes, his mom got called.

I am never bored.






No comments: