Saturday, March 5, 2011

Herbert Glacier - A tribute to my Uncle Herb.




This is Herbert Glacier. I commemorate this picture to Herbert Meador, my departed Uncle. He was a great man who lived a life of caring for his family and helped with my family too. He was the most gentle and loving man I ever knew. He was unlike my dad in so many ways (that is good actually.)
I crossed country skied about 14 to 15 miles to get this picture, and a few more. I got tired and fell about 7 times. 3 times I was on black ice type conditions - super slick.

It was Uncle Herb's birthday last week but we had 60 MPH winds so I could not get into the glacier. I barely got out of the house except for going to school to teach.

I will have more pictures up next week to show the trip into and out of Herbert Glacier.

No comments: