Monday, February 8, 2010

Grandma Miller - part two


Grandma Miller had an old Cushman Scooter once when I was about 8 or 9. The scooter had a big basket in the front which was big enough for kids to stand in. Once, she took me and one of my siblings for a ride down River Road to Puyallup. It went slow because it was a scooter and it was carrying 1 adult and 2 kids. We got pulled over by the police. She was given a warning for going to slow on the highway. She was mad as hops and mubbling all the way back home. She went into the room after we got home to play the fiddle and I ran down to the swamp.

Grandma Miller was on a restricted diet later in life. We were having breakfast at my mom's house and grandma took the salt to put on her food. Mom told me to go get the salt from her and I went up and said, "Grandma, please give me the salt, your diet does not allow it." She looked at me and said: "Get away from me, I want salt."
She had salt. I told my mom, "I'm not taking the salt from grandma. You can if you want."

At 70 years old Grandma Miller got up on the roof to patch a leaky spot. It was at least a two story house. She climbed the ladder, got on the roof and did some work.
Pretty amazing lady.

No comments: