Monday, February 8, 2010

Grandparents - Wells bike riding

I am going to write some childhood memories along with pictures of what and where I am at present. Pictures are of what I see as I bike ride. Story: Grandparents

I saw Grandma Miller (Mom's mom) about a dozen times as a child. I met Gilbert Beach (Mom's Dad) - one weekend when I was 18. I never met Grandpa Brisco and have no stories of him. I met Grandma Jose Brisco, once when I was 22 and just got out of the Army. I drove through Roswell and saw her.

I met Grandpa Beach when I had hitchhiked from Tacoma to CA to see my dad, Delbert L Brisco. I was grossly disappointed in seeing my dad and I went to San Diego to see mom's brother and his wife (Uncle Don and Aunt Lilly?) Uncle Don took me in his truck and on a weekend, we went to China Lake, CA to see Grandpa Beach. He was in a little house and laying down. He was ill. It was my first time to the desert in the summer and the 120 degrees was very hot. We just spent a few hours with Grandpa Gilbert and I never saw him again.
Grandma Jose Brisco: I had dreams of a Grandparent who baked cookies and was warm and loving always. I was hoping for a Grandma like my mom actually. When I met Grandma Jose at 22, I felt I had found that Grandma. She was the sweetest great little lady who just like being around me. She even had cookies. Marcia and I were only there for an hour or so but it was a very memorable and warm feeling that was left. She was a great, wonderful and warm Grandma. She passed away just a few years after that meeting. I feel very fortunate for meet her that one time.
I did have others in my life who were kind of like Grandparents. One lady knew I liked Lemon Mirang Pie and she made a pie for me weekly.

Since I had little Grandparent contact as a child. I am trying as a grandparent to play a part in my grandkids lives. I want them to have memories with me as a grandparent.

No comments: