Friday, September 11, 2009

Outhouse Tree, my arch enemy - down




I spent two days last week at Ruby Guard Station and put up barbed wire and intended to knock down a dead tree about to fall on the outhouse. Fencing went OK but the tree dropped on another tree and just hung there, like before. I went back today to finish the job and tighten the barbed wire. The fencing went well because I had a great stretcher - easy. Then I sawed on the tree. Stupid thing did not want to fall.
I used a ladder and used a buck saw but it would not fall. I finally took a sledge hammer up and started beating on the arm - IT FELL!!!! It did not blast through the outhouse either. Success!
Bye Ruby Guard! I head off to Pole Creek tomorrow for two weeks to a month.

I had been told I could stay at Ruby Guard but then Pole Creek came up so a change of plans. There is running water at Pole too and a generator too.

No comments: