Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hiking, Horses and roofing



I have hiked about 25 miles (12 uphill) in the past 3 days. I have been helping get items to a trail crew that is volunteering for the forest service. Today I hiked because the fellow who was supposed to do it had his car break down and could not make it. I was a sub today. We had 6 horses taken up to get their supplies back down to the vehicles. I hiked. The horses got spooked and bolted on the way down. I was not there but it sounded scary. The horses got fidgety, one spooked, broke and ran and then the others followed. It took an hour to gather them up.

I was down waiting for them. I got tired of waiting and started to go back uphill to see them and there were some wild stories about the horses. The horses did great before and after the incident.

I was supposed to be on the roof today but the fellow not being able to go got me off the roof and hiking.

My feet hurt and I have a blister which is a pain.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's a lot of hiking Rich!!!! Sorry to hear about your feet but the horses sound really cool!