Friday, January 2, 2009

Vacation ending




I fly out tomorrow and head back to Juneau. I grabbed my cross country skis and hope to be skiing into Mendenhall Glacier on Sunday (or Snowboard.) We got a couple inches of snow last night in Portland, OR. We also got 3 inches of rain the last 24 hours which means we have Rivers and streams running high. I had a very lazy vacation because of the monster snow storm. Last year at this time, we had so much rain that a whole town was covered with 5 and 6 feet of water.

I feel refreshed and ready to get back to teaching. Time sure flies.

The pictures are of Mendenhall Glacier before the new snow and the lake fully iced over. My plan is to cross country ski on Mendenhall Lake to the Glacier.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Have a safe flight and will talk to you again when you are in Alaska.

I wish I were refreshed and ready for work. If I had a job like yours perhaps, but I sit in an office all day and number crunch. I couldn't look forward to going back to that with even a month off. ;o)

Rich said...

Kallen, I was thinking about your comment and I was there. Then I retired and kept teaching but it seemed easier. I take 1 year contracts and if I like the place or job, I can consider going back or not.
Since retiring, I taught in San Diego, Village, AK and now Juneau. I might consider Juneau for another year. I think I am liking it more because I can say, 'buzz off' and know I do have some money coming in.

I never had any desire to be an administrator because it would force me to be behind a desk.
Any job gets to be the pits though. I am sick of paperwork but I do it.
Hang in there!