Sunday, January 4, 2009

Overbooked and bumpy ride!/ Juneau snow




I am back in Juneau. In Seattle, they were begging for people to stay back because they were overbooked. I was first on the list. The plane was overweight and they could not fill all seats. They loaded the plane and just before they closed it up, they told me to get on the plane - so I am back in Juneau. There were at least 8 people who were begging for a seat.

We flew into KetchiKan and we got bumped around and did a hard landing. It was snowing like crazy. They unloaded and we deiced and waited for the weather to break. Finally, and hour later, the pilot started the engines and drove it to the runway. They double de-iced it and we got on the runway and he gunned it. We got a shake, rattle and roll ride out of KetchiKan. It was bumpy and a hard landing going into Juneau too. But I am back in Juneau and it is super snowy.
Pictures are of my neighborhood. The green pickup is mine and it had the rear window broken out when I was gone. Nothing was taken - just smashed.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am glad you are back home safe and sound. I detest flying with the biggest reason being the airlines. I can't stand it when they overbook like that.

Get some rest now and post pictures when you can.