Monday, December 8, 2008

Juneau - STORM WARNING!, John Lennon


The snow started and in 30 minutes, we got 3 inches of snow!!
UPDATE: At 6:00 AM, I just noticed that a car has its tires covered about 2/3 of the way - maybe it is more than I thought.

We have a major snow warning for the next 24 hours. They said we can expect 24 inches of snow in the next day. I was also told they would not cancel school. My hope would be lots of snow, cancel school - I could then go to the ski area and do multiple face plants. (Me face down, snow board sticking of of the snow.) I can dream.


28 years ago, John Lennon was shot and killed. Rest in peace! Your music will live forever!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came from the Kitchen Birder. That is a lot of snow you will be getting. I live in western NY state and we get our fair share, but not like Alaska. Wow..what a beautiful place to live in..nice photos too..

Rich said...

It is still raining hard but the temp is dropping. We have had some good snows but followed by rain. Alaska is a beautiful place. It rains a lot here!!! We have had less than 9 sunny days since August when I came. Green and beautiful. Different parts of Alaska have different weather. Juneau is the warm part of Alaska.

Kim said...

Rich, I remember in full detail the morning I found out John Lennon had died. My mother woke me up crying and told me the news. I remember looking up at my canopy bed and crying with her. I couldn't understand why someone would want to hurt someone like him. A piece of innocence was taken from me on that day.

I cannot get over the fact that they won't cancel school for two feet of snow. If we had that amount where I lived, my entire state would be shut down!

Rich said...

At 5 AM, It looks like we have about 6 inches of snow. The snow warning goes until 7 PM so we could get more snow today. I am told that in Juneau, the do not have snow days built into the calendar. If we cancel school, we have to make the day up at the end of the year. It sure does look great outsie! The trees are draped with a big blanket of white,

Rich said...

Kalen, I just listened to some of John Lennon's music and the world lost a lot when John Lennon was shot down. I am so pleased that his legacy of music is left behind.

I hope you are able to listen to some of John Lennon's music today. It is bittersweet listening to it. IMAGINE

I feel fortunate to have visited Strawberry Fields in Central Park.