Friday, December 12, 2008

Juneau from Douglas Island



Today waa an absolutely beautiful day! Sunny and cold. I was at school but at recesses, I wished I had my camera. I left it at home. This is an evening picture. We could see the full moon.

Shooting Update: 5 boys were goofing off with guns. 1 boy pointed a gun at another boy and at the same time, another boy came into the room. The bullet discharged and went through 1 boy and then the bullet went through the second boy. The first boy shot is in critical condition. The second boy died 12 hours after the shot. The boy that pulled the trigger has been charged with manslaughter. Sad story.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Such a sad story about those two boys.

Rich, I am always wishing I brought my camera when I go places, I guess we bloggers are always looking for things to take pictures of.

Stay warm. I still can't get over the fact that it took you 20 minutes to get into your car! I would lose it after trying for five minutes. One thing Alaska much teach you is patience. HA

Rich said...

Kalen,

It was straight sunshine yesterday! If we had more days like yesterday, Juneau would be flooded with people.
The snow covered mountains were so bright, it shocked the eyes. Having no sun for 2 weeks, that actually could be easy.

I hope today is sunny, so I can take pictures. The rain and cold has ruined the snow. Forget about skiing - terrible snow.
Hope your day goes well.

*Brianna* said...

Oh my gosh, that reminds me of my friend in 8th grade. What a tragedy!