Friday, January 18, 2008

Where are the keys?

Small things like keys are a big deal.

20 Below and I went to the store. (By the way 6 small bananas cost 4.00)

I got the to the house and had to find my keys. I had to put the groceries down in the snow. I checked the coat pocket - no luck. I unzipped my coat and checked the vest - no luck. (My gloves are off and the wind is blowing too) I checked my winter pants - no luck. I unzip those and check my pants and there they are - finally. I found out that placement of keys is a major issue in the cold.

Someone knocked on the door and I went to answer it. My door closed on me and I was locked out with no key. My room mate was in his room, so I walked in socks to his window and tapped on it and asked him to open the door. He did.

What if he were not there? The visitor was for the teachers next door.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but I can totally visualize you doing that and it is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Rich! I finally got a chance to check out your blog. This is so awesome. I'm so glad Ashley was able to set up this blog. I love the pics. Can you take pics of the people too when you get your laptop back?
We went to Mt. Hood yesterday and it was 27 degrees and we thought "burr it's cold". But I can't imagine -20 degrees weather. I know you're used to cold weather, but is it really warm when it gets 20 degrees there?
Cari

Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm "anonymous" because I'm not computer literate. I'll get the hang of it.
Cari

Rich said...

Hi Cari,

Hope you and baby are feeling well. You must be getting close to the due date.

People pictures: I want to go slow on pictures of the people. I am the new guy afterall. I will start with pictures of Emmonak and as I get to know people, I will put up people.

20 does feel warm but you still have to be careful. Hypothermia is real here. I have students who come to school with frost bite. Also, as it warms, we have had the drain pipe freeze twice. It didn't freeze at 20 below but froze at 20 above - go figure.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cari,

Great that you could join us! Dad's adventures are fun to keep track of, aren't they? I'll bet Uncle Gene will be visiting Dad this Spring.... Don't you? Though he may a bit busy with all these new grandkids!

Hope you and the fam are well.