Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hi guys,

PICTURES: I will try to put some pictures up this weekend! My computer crashed so I am now using a school computer. I have to send my computer to Anchorage.

It is warm today! 10 degrees above zero! I went for a walk to the store and bought a few groceries. We got 4 inches of new snow and because it was warm, everyone had their snowmachines out and running. I decided to walk on the river where there is much more space for walking with a lot fewer snow mobiles. It was quiet and peaceful on the Yukon River.

WIND: The howling of the wind is pretty amazing here! I walk to school in the morning and the wind was howling. It was very cold and the howl was kind of a ghostly sound. I have heard winds before but the bitter cold and the howl makes it more intense than I remember in the past.

I walked to the post office and saw the state patrol office and another part of town that is new to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Much better than where I was today; Southern Cal freeway packed with huge semi trucks being blown around by the Santa Anna winds. Oh to live in peace and quiet!

Anonymous said...

When I talked to Dad on the phone last night, I detected a softness (calmness) in his voice that my poetic mind interpreted as the influence of a less rushed, warm and accepting culture. It's the kind of cultural appreciation for one another that Southern California culture in general is far to stressed to access. Perhaps Emmonak, AK has an edge on gentility that could teach us all something?

Anonymous said...

Well said, Trish.