Guitarist who played in Las Vegas changes views on gun control
© Getty Images
A guitarist who played during the Las Vegas music festival where the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history took place Sunday night said he was “wrong” about his support for the Second Amendment.
Caleb Keeter, guitarist for the Josh Abbott Band, said on Twitter Monday he’s been a supporter of the Second Amendment for his “entire life.”
“Until the events of last night,” Keeter said. “I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with [concealed handgun licenses], and legal firearms on the bus. They were useless.”

Keeter said members of the band’s crew were injured by shrapnel after standing near a shooting victim.
“Writing my parents and the love of my life a goodbye last night and a living will because I felt like I wasn’t going to live through the night was enough for me to realize that this is completely and totally out of hand,” Keeter wrote.
“We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.”
“My biggest regret its that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my bothers on the road and myself were threatened by it,” he continued.
In a later tweet, Keeter said his previous stance on gun control was “wrong, stupid, and selfish.” 

Democrats ramped up their calls for stricter gun control laws in the wake of the shooting. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) said he’s “furious” that Congress “refuses to act.”

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) was more forceful, calling on Congress to “get off its ass and do something” following the shooting. 
At least 58 people were killed and 500 others injured in the Las Vegas shooting.