Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Eye Surgery Today: I have a torn retina lasered and an oil change.

I have been legally blind in my left eye for almost 3 months.  I went to the Doc because I knew my eye was weird and regular Doc did the finger thing - OK.  He said go get an eye exam, I did.  My right eye was 20/20 but my left eye only saw the last letter which took up the total screen.  Vision is left was 2400 or 2500.  2200 is legally blind.  The eye fellow looked into my eyes and said the retina was torn - SURGERY.

I got the first appointment available with an eye surgeon which was 3 weeks.  I went to that appointment this past Monday and an surgery was set for today, Wednesday. 

I am looking forward to it.  I am hoping to get back some eye sight.  My brain has been working overtime letting the right eye do all the work.  At the end of the day my brain is totally worn out from trying to see without the left eye.

No comments: