Monday, August 24, 2015

Cooling down in the village. People putting on roofing. I have a cold.

About 1/4 of the houses here were built in the 1970s.  They have roofs that have faced lots of severe weather and need to be replaced.  Even our school is getting a new roof.  They have been working overtime to get the job done before rain and/or snow and ice come to visit.

This weekend, I noticed 2 people putting new roofing on their houses.  It is kind of a plastic substance which looks very slick.  people are scrambling to beat the weather.

Those houses built later are insulated and stay warm pretty well.  I am in a house that stays warm.

Yesterday we got some sun in the afternoon but we had a chilly wind   I had a cold so I did not go for the hike which I had planned.  I did not sleep well Sat night because my nose was stuffed up and wheezing and sneezing woke me up.

I hope I get over this stupid cold soon.

Wish you well.

No comments: