Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Moving Out Today

I started my move out of my apartment.  I have one of the best views in Juneau and will miss the place. I call it the Rat Hole because the building was moving towards condemnation.  It was bought out and it is being remodeled.  A lot of money is going into the plumbing, electrical and foundation.

I am moving into a trailer which sits on a hill overlooking a beach.  I really lucked out.  I can put my kayak by the water and go out easily on a nice day.  The old place had eagles but they have been run off by black birds.  The eagles have not been here in 5 days.  No eagles, time to leave.  The new place has eagles as well.

The new place is owned by a friend who was going to sell.  She is moving to Texas,  I told her that if she did not want to sell, I would rent it next year.  Making a move from Juneau to Texas is a big move and she liked the idea of coming back her for summers.  I store my stuff there and move in Aug 15.

It is going to be hard to leave this place permanently, which I plan on doing next year at this time.  It is kind of sad to move but also exciting.  I will stay in the new place starting Thurs night until I fly out.  I will be out of the old place by noon Friday.

Moving is sure a pain.

No comments: