Saturday, November 10, 2012

I happened to talk to a substitute about taking a job for me and he said he sold his house and he is going to Europe until March to check it out.  Dang - I need to do that, I thought.  He is coming back in the spring to see about getting a teaching job in Alaska.  I teased him about giving up subbing, actually, he was up for a teaching job which opens up in a week but it ends at the end of the year.

I am actively looking for a person to take my job for half a year next year.  I am starting the move to working half a year in the future.  This week was a bit difficult.  I have the tough cases and I had two difficult incidents which made me earn my money.  I got my room trashed once which made me change up my program the next day.  Then I almost got bit by a mad student(s).  It all ended up well and the kids ended the week great and nobody got hurt except for me getting a little cut on the wrist by a fingernail.

The good thing about my job is we deal with excessive anger, get the child over it and get them back to being successful in the regular class. At the time, it takes its toll though.  Those with whom I work keep asking me to stay and I am now putting names out for us to consider for taking my position for half a year.

So, I am now thinking of going to a foreign country for at least 3 months after I quit mid year next year.  I might consider coming back for another half year but I kind of hope the right person takes my job mid year and my school realizes that I am not really needed.  I would then be able to fade off into the sunset,

Just thinking




No comments: