Saturday, October 27, 2012

VOTE PRESIDENT OBAMA and Vote Early.  Why wait in lines at the last minute when you can wait in a shorter line now.  I voted a few days ago.

Today we had a high temp of 35 degrees and a low of 23 last night.   Ponds and lakes are freezing up as are streams.  Mendenhall Lake has ice covering it for the most part.  It is not thick enough to be on yet but it should be walkable in a weak of continued cold weather.  I did see two people ice skating on a pond by Mendenhall Lake, so smaller bodies of water are getting enough ice and thick enough.  I looked for signs of momma and baby bears but did not see them.  Momma may have taken them to a den because it is so cold.  She looked filled out enough to be ready to den when I saw her last.

The streams are also freezing over.  I should have pictures tomorrow.  We have not had any new snow so the mountains look less white.  We have had a lot of wind which blows the snow around.

I am wearing long johns and down because of the temps which feels good.

These are old pictures because I have not downloaded the shots I took today and I have to run out pretty soon.



No comments: