Monday, September 3, 2012

Bears!!  A hiker in Denali was attacked and killed by a brown bear last week.  The folks who found his body found his camera.  He was 30 yards away from the bear and the man took a number of pictures before he was taken down by the bear.  It is recommended you stay away 1/4 mile away from bears for your safety.

I have two bear sprays with me when I hike.  I have been within 10 feet of black bears when I was hiking.  (No bears seen this year though)  I have easy access to one can of spray and the second is in my hiking bag.  I have read a study which said that more people are killed from bears when they have a gun and try shooting than those who use bear spray effectively.

The Democratic Convention is this week and President Obama will make his case for re-election.  In my mind, it is a no brainer to re-elect President Obama.  If you are a millionaire and/or a billionaire - you might disagree because you would make A LOT more money with the Romney/ Ryan policies.
If you are middle or lower class, I THINK YOU ARE VOTING AGAINST YOUR OWN SELF INTEREST if you vote for Romney/ Ryan.  You will pay more for health care, taxes and wars WHILE GIVING THE WEALTHIEST 1 PERCENT A 4 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT!!!

By the way:  WHERE ARE THE JOBS from the GW Bush TAX CUTS TO THE WEALTHIEST??
That has been a Trillion Dollars and the jobs are not there.




No comments: