Monday, October 17, 2011

Post Memorial Drain

My sister's memorial was Saturday and I am in Alaska working. I hiked and was ready to move on. But then I woke up this morning and it felt like someone had beaten me up over the weekend. I just had a kind of a drained feeling. I made it through the day but was basically on auto pilot. I am now thinking, the emotions of my sisters death and aftermath got to me worse than I thought it would. I have so many people saying, sorry, etc, so it is not just a matter of moving on either.

It would be great if I could take some time off to deal with the grief which I think is nagging at me. Unfortunately, I cannot get away from work for at least two or three weeks, if I am lucky enough to grab a few days then.

The weather is not helping either. We have clouds down to the ground and rain, lots of rain. The rain is getting kind of old.

The snow level is dropping, I can see the level drop on the mountains outside my window. I am looking forward to snow. I am hoping we can get a lot of it.

I just need to get this super busy week done ASAP! Monday is done!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is not anything, that anyone, can say or do....Grief and mourning are a process. Each one of us, deals with it, in our own way. You will find a way to process yours...I am sorry this is so.