Sunday, January 24, 2010

The mountain kicked my butt!!!!





I went snowboarding today and the mountain kicked my butt. I fell a few times....
I got off the lift to a white cloud and I could not see very well. There was powder snow with ice underneath. I could not see the snowboard because it was hid under 10 inches of powder. I would hit ice and fall on my butt!!! There were also moguls and I would hit ice and fall on my butt. Did I mention, I fell a few times. It got old.
I have only been to this ski area one time before so I do not know the ski routes which was a problem when I was winding down the slope in a white cloud.

On the way up the mountain, I passed 4 great cross country ski areas and as I was driving by I thought, the conditions are great for cross country but I was set on snowboarding. Next time, If we had frozen conditions and no new snow and the first day with snow, I will cross country ski.

Snowboarding in powder is not my cup of tea. i like the groomed slopes.

It was a very good day but it sure was a workout. Snowboarding in a white cloud without knowing the run - not my favorite thing.

Coming off the mountain they had the highway blocked. There was a head on crash on the way to Portland, so they advised people to go the long way around Mt. Hood. I drove an extra 60 or so miles at 25 MPH for 1/2 of the way to get back to Portland.

Pictures: The pictures are of Snoqualmie Pass, WA. I have not downloaded the ictures of white from today.

No comments: