Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Interview



The pictures are of Angel Lake Road capped by clouds. I have pictures of Red Rocks Canyon in Las vegas but my download thingie is not working well. I have to buy a new one here in Vegas but I have not yet found a store yet.

Interview: It went well. I had a most pleasant time discussion education, etc with a lady who is a principal overseeing Special Education Programs. The district is organized like other large districts. Paperwork, etc, sounds like what I am used to.
After this interview, I am in the pool of applicants if and when a position comes up.
it is funny how I kind of relax and enjoy when an interview happens. I worry and fret a bit the night before and the morning of, but settle down when we talk about philosophy and educational practices. I left the meeting feeling good.


The district is tight financially so they are trying not to hire new people. I am now in the pool of people to be considered when a job comes up. I still have to send in transcripts from colleges, which will happen today and get certified which I am also doing today.

I have been getting used to not working but I got kind of amped up about teaching after talking about teaching. If I were offered a job, I would accept it.

I talked to people about housing too. One person said she got a 2 bedroom place for $500.00. I could get a nice 2 bedroom for $800.00 easily, I was told. I heard on the news today that the city is asking its employees to take an 8% cut in pay. The cut would be 2 years. Then while waiting for the interview, another district employee said he was expecting to be layed off.

The interviewer said she was impressed with the Sp Ed programs they offer, which is hopeful.

We shall see what comes of this.

No comments: