Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wells, NV - bike ride



Here are some pictures of my bike riding right about 32 degrees. It was 5 degrees this morning but it has warmed up to 32 or so. No wind though and sun which make it a bike riding day.

Wells is at 5300 feet elevation which makes it harder to ride. The air is thinner here than sea level, which my body is used to. Slow an steady is how I ride here with potential ice.

I look funny: I have long johns on, ski pants, a shirt, a sweater, a vest and a wind breaker. I also carry 2 or 3 pair of gloves. I only needed one pair on this ride. I went for a short this this morning at 25 degrees. I am waiting until it gets above freezing so I can do a long ride. I will probably hit angel lake hill - not many cars there and it gets me huffing and puffing real good.

No comments: