Saturday, November 28, 2009

A slob cleans up



I have been alone in the Wells house since Monday. I tore up plywood and linoleum in the living room. I am a natural slob anyway so the perfect storm of natural slob and destroy a floor makes for a major mess.

I am now in cleaning mode, with interuptions. (I will call them excuses)
1. I was cleaning and the sun was blazing away outside and then I saw the clouds over the Humbolt Mountains. I had to get in the truck and take some pictures. Two are on here.
2. I started to clean again and then I could swear that I heard voices. The floor was talking and laughing at me. "You aren't done stupid." So, I started doing more flooring.
3. I was cleaning and I saw a pile of wood outside. I went outside and chopped wood. (There is already enough chopped wood to last all winter but I had to find a good excuse for stopping the cleaning.
4. The temperature is rising and the sun is coming back out - a bike ride beckons. I am holding out though.
Then I thought: Cleaning: My kids and ex would come in and be mad because I did not clean, that was after I had spent great effort in cleaning. I swear it was cleaned up so well and perfect. They would reclean and tell me this is how it is done. I would swear that it looks the same as when I cleaned. (My eyes see differently maybe.)
5. I have to watch the Man vs Nature series so I can survive in the cold when I am thrown out of the house for not cleaning. I payed particular attention to the cold weather shows. I sure hope I do not have to resort to drinking my pee like the fellow says to do. I guess it warms you up if you are super cold - like tea.
6. The thermometer says 54 degrees - that says bike riding to me.
7. The bike ride (20 miles) wore me out.
8. Drinking wine and blogging and facebook time is taking away from from cleaning time.
9. Reading: Lincoln President Elect and drinking wine.

Update: I did clean up the kitchen and the bathroon a bit. I got all of the old linoleum out. I will put the rugs down tomorrow morning. I want Tricia and Gar to see what I did to their house. I hope the kids are sleeping. They are supposed to come in between 9 PM and 11 PM.

Escape Plan: If they are upset because it is not clean enough and throw me out on my ear. (It is actually my house.) I have my twenty below sleeping bag, a tent and debit and credit cards. I also know of a couple of places that allow a poor unemployed, homeless fellow named Brisco to get out of the cold.

Got to say, I will work a bit then maybe a bike ride.

No comments: