Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fishing -300+ fish




We went fishing and in 2 days got over 300 fish. Last year, we got 600 fish in 24 hours.

I got in the boat at midnight and I slept until 6:30 AM when we got to Hoods Canal, WA. it was interesting trying to sleep in a boat. It would go back and forth and roll.
Every now and again, it would hit a big wave and I would go flying. I did have a board to stop me from falling onto the floor though. We had the nets in the water at 7 AM when fishing opened and there were about 20 other boats around. We were some of the first to set nets but then others came in and set their nets in front of us. We could have gotten a lot more fish if those guys were not there. We got 160 salmon at Hoods Canal.

Commercial fishing is sure tiring work.
It

No comments: