Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Sheepherder





I met a basque sheepherder this week, He is from Spain. He lives in the wagon and has two dogs and a horse. He moves to a new location every 5 days. I was asked to make contact because Law Enforcement went there and noticed he did not have no weed/toxins certified hay. Law Enforcement left and asked me to make contact. I did and he said his boss would be back on Tues. I missed the boss on Tues. Law Enforcement is looking up the permitee to tell him to have wee free hay and feed.

He has to have one of the lonliest jobs in the world. He speaks Spanish and is way up in the hills with sheep, 2 dogs and a horse. The horse is not tied up either. To talk to him, he gave me a Spanish/English dictionary. He was a nice fellow about 20 years old or so. I saw him riding on the road above the Ranger Station once.

No comments: