Monday, May 25, 2009

Perseverence, variety




There are many things to see on Perseverence Trail- great variety. I heard the baby bear about a mile from the video. The trail is changing so much each week. It is now light at about 4:30 AM and gets dark about 10:00 PM. We have had a lot of sun which makes the plants grow so fast. The snow is melting unbelievably fast. I have been hiking up to the snow line the past 3 weeks and this week, I went about a mile beyond where I was last week. I am going to Perseverence because Mendenhall Glacier is loaded with people. It is like Southern CA, ant like with people everywhere at Mendenhall. After a quiet winter of just locals, masses of people still takes getting used to. Perseverence is just quieter and less crowded. It is also only about 10 minutes from my house. It is uphill in so it is a good workout as well. I feel the need to be ready to bike or hike this summer, so I need to be in ok shape.

The Rock: There is a rock cropping on the stream where people pile rocks up and make designs. It is very close to where people pan for gold. I saw this writing on this stone and wonder if it was a real person. The caretakers of the museum see lots of beautiful designs.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Rich, just a thank you for the marvelous pictures and dialogue, looking forward to seeing you in this part of the world soon, hang in there it's almost the end of the school year, I know how it is so difficult with anxious children that just want to hang out......and you need to just hang out also.....

Rich said...

I will be dropping by on my way to Portland. No set schedule.