Thursday, May 14, 2009

Juneau, next year





I was told by another teacher that she saw 2 big bears up trees recently.
Mendenhall Glacier is melting, which is to be expected. The Glacier itself looks far away when I stand at the shore and look at it. Quite different than in the wintertime when I oould ski in to it.

I am thinking about coming back to Juneau next year now. A lot of people have been encouraging me to come back and I was told I could have flexibility with my year. I know the kids, parents, staff and like the school. I also like the winter with easy access to the mountain. I told a couple of people that I was thinking about staying.
I will think it over this weekend as I am out looking for the bears in the trees that everyone is telling me about.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Rich you are a brave man going back there with all of that weather you have. You do have a lot to offer these kids though and many times kids that far away from the lower 48 must get neglected so you are providing something to them that will stick with them forever. Well done.