Friday, March 27, 2009

Two Wolves




I went to a lecture about the Exxon-Valdez and how it affected and continues to affect salmon, otters, Orcas and other animals. While waiting, two wolves were pointed out to me. I saw them through a telescope in the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center. One was Romeo. They were right by where I ski all the time. I thought they would howl to let me know they are around. Guess not.
We got 3 inches of snow today. I went snowboarding and got pelted with snow/ice and the winds were about 20 MPH. I just made a couple of runs and then went cross country skiing into Mendenhall Glacier.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Very cool about the wolves. I am glad you are able to get some more cross country in before it all starts to melt!

Rich said...

Any day could be my last day of skiing out to the Glacier. There is a mushiness beneath the snow.