Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mendenhall Glacier, this morning

A week ago, I was cross country skiing on this lake and breaking track on over 2 feet of snow. No cross country skiing on the lake today. 40 degrees and rain has caused melting so we need more cold weather to freeze it up again



This is Mendenhall Glacier this morning. We actually had a little sun so I went out and took a few pictures. I also went snowboarding today. I hope to snowboard tomorrow as well. Snowboarding - a little improvement but still a long way to go.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I think anyone who can even get on a snow board without falling is a pro at the sport in my book. ;o)

Love the pictures. I hope you can get out again tomorrow to enjoy it.

Rich said...

I fall but not as much. The hard part is getting back up. I am learning how to do it though. I basically snow plow down the hill and go side to side. I am not doing the going down fast at this point. It is just fun being in the snow.