Friday, May 23, 2008

Homer and Seward, AK

I made it to Homer which is the beginning or end of the Alaskan Highway. I saw probably 30 moose. I also saw about 10 eagles. I even saw a seal on the beach that posed for me. The wind was blowing and cold, so I went inland to sleep.

This morning I drove to Seward which is a nice little coastal type town. Actually, all of these towns are coastal type towns.
There is a lot more traffic and people in the Kenai than East of Anchorage. Moose are everywhere around here. They have had about 170 moose killed on the highway in the past year. It is kind of like the coast of Oregon or Washington with little towns dotting the plac.

RAINED LAST NIGHT AND TODAY! I found the video on the camera of the Eagle with the rabbit. Problem: My new computer battery is dead and I have had no way to charge it so I have not been able to download it and check it out. I have to tell you that the pictures I have taken do not do the actual place justice.

I will get pictures up when I get my battery charged.

No comments: