Friday, May 16, 2008

My Emo year is over - it is official.



I have finished my time at Emo. I officially signed out this afternoon. I will mail stuff off and take some stuff to the dump and fly out Monday morning. I will drive around Alaska next week to check the road system out. I hope to get pictures up.

Story: I have seen kids make great progress. One boy was fighting and biting when I first came. He has become a much calmer and a lot less violent. The day before school was out he hit another student in the face, 2 times, and got suspended. I let him come back the last day for the party. I was walking from school and saw this boy helping his dad work on the snowmobile. This dad also takes him hunting and fishing, the YuPik way. The lives are different but they are very knowledgable and good people who are passing on the means of staying alive in a harsh environment.

No comments: