Sunday, February 3, 2008

My walk to the Post Office

Yesterday, I went to the Post Office, about 4 blocks at 15 below zero. I ran into a fellow whose snow machine was stuck in a snow mound. I helped him push it out and he was so thankful. (He also laughed and said I had my U of O hat on backwards.) I turned the hat around and he asked me where I was from, etc. I told him Portland and that I teach at the school.

Me: shirt and two coats on, a hat, 2 sets of gloves, snow pants and snow boots.

Him: No hat , 1 coat, no gloves, snow pants and snow boots.

Question: Who was the native? Can you tell. 15 below zero too.
No mail for me this day.
***IT IS 30 BELOW ZERO AT 11:30 AM, Sunday, IN EMMONAK!******

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, 30 degrees above zero coat, underalls top and bottom, sweater or jacket, scarf, and gloves and boots....

They would really laugh at me wouldn't they?

Rich said...

I got me a new hat in the mail today!

It has fake fur around the head and ears and neck! It looks pretty dumb but perfect for me!

I also got a full face mask so it will keep my nose and cheeks warm - finally. I look like a robber with it on though

Anonymous said...

well if they have a bank don't go in with your new hat and mask on, they would not appreciate you at all..

LOL

Rich said...

no banks here

We do have 2 stores but everyone knows each other, you can't get away with a thing.

Anonymous said...

Kind of like when we werekids and everyone knew what was going on....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got that hat Dad. I know it looks dumb, but if it keeps you warm - who cares.