Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1








School is basically over for the school year.  I have to go in to finish up but really, I am done.  We have a brunch provided by our Parent Group today.  My room is GONE!  I was told yesterday that my room had to be marked and I had to have things marked as to where things go.  My desk went to the trash. It has been kicked and tortured by mad kids.  Next year, I get a new desk and teacher chair.  This year has been a lot of work.  I have had new, very intensive, students and then some staff stuff which impacted me.  I feel so fortunate that the staff issues will be resolved next year.

Next year, I am getting 3 new kids that I know of.  From the word so far, they do not sound too bad.  Last year, the word I was getting on a child was super difficult and dangerous.  That child is doing so much better.  The reason I like my job is that I see a lot of progress.  I must admit that there were some very stressful episodes of screaming, yelling, and name calling by the child in the process.  My old room still has a hole in the wall where a child kicked a hole.  When I requested it be fixed in Jan, I was told NO because that wall is being torn down in June.  It is now June.  BTW:  After the incident that caused the hole was over, I asked, "How do we fix that" to the child.  The child got paper and taped paper over the hole.  I have had paper over the hole since the incident.  Every now and again, the same child gets mad and kicks paper.  The child puts up new paper.


No comments: