Monday, August 23, 2010

The Inland Passage to Alaska




the middle picture is the troll under the bridge in Seattle.

The kids in the picture were my room mates for two nights. They were a church group going to Sitka to paint houses and help the elderly. they would have meetings and hacky sack games where I was. They were a good group of kids.
Here is the beginning of the ferry ride. I drove on the ferry just outside of Bellingham and got off in Juneau. On the ferry, I slept on a plastic lounge chair under the covered area. It also had heat. The trip was 3 nights and two full days.
It was quite relaxing and enjoyable. The scenery was amazing. It was like watching a nature movie live. My ferry, was ahead of schedule by 3 hours so we took a detour into passages not normally used to kill time. It was very spectacular. We even had some sunshine for a few hours. It rains a lot in Southeast Alaska.

I have a lot more to put on the blog, so more is on the way soon.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I did not know that troll lived under the bridge in Seattle, after working in the city for 10 years you would have thought that someone would have talked about the troll, they talked about everything else. Nice commentary about the ferry ride to Alaska. Looking forward to Alaska pictures