Thursday, October 1, 2009

Snowed In!




I was in Wells Monday and went back to the ranger station Tuesday. I got hit with a monster snow storm. We got 5 inches of snow. I had a bunkhouse without heat so had to jerry rig heat to keep the water pipes from bursting. This morning, I turned off all water coming into the Ranger Station and opened up all the faucets etc. i will be leaving pole Creek either Fri or Sat. I still have things to do and want to check out the elk. It is now hunting season for elk. We have a lot of hunters around the ranger station. I have locked the gate because I had so much shut down stuff to do. IT WAS 18 DEGREES LAST NIGHT!!! Lots of hunters were camped out in it.

I will be in OR in a couple of weeks. I have a job interview in San Francisco next Friday. I also sent some stuff to Alaska about jobs there. One job is flying all around AK and working with kids in villages and then flying back out.

It is kind of a nervous time - WHERE DO I WANT TO GO or should I just take some time off. I guess I miss teaching and the money.

No comments: