Friday, September 11, 2009

sunset



I bike ride in the morning or the evening and this is what I see. It is too hot to ride during the day here in Wells. It is usually 80 or higher, so I hit the mornings.

At the remote sites, it is cooler because I am at 8000 feet. At remote sites, since the air is thinner, it is more work to run or ride. The first time I rode the bike at Pole Creek, I thought I was sick. I just did not have the energy. Then it was explained to me that I was at 8000 feet and the air is thinner. It made me feel better. The problem with biking remote is there has been no rain and the road is dusty with lots of loose rock. I fell twice on my last ride because of the loose rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rich. I've missed reading your blog and viewing your great photos for quite a while now. It is hard to realize you've moved south to the northern parts of the lower 48. Sounds like you feel really blessed to be out in the great wide open spaces, getting lots of fresh air, and doing some work, too, in among all the biking, hiking, etc. I'm glad to read that you seem to be doing well.

Elsie, from Houston, and the AB blog.

Rich said...

Elsie,

So glad you checked the blog out. It has been a busy summer. I have some good opportunities in and around wilderness areas in Nevada. It has been very interesting.