Tuesday, September 8, 2009

10 Tons of Hay! Buck Away! Ruby Station



I was splitting the wood we pulled out of the mountain today. I then get a call saying help is needed to unload hay for the horses. I went over, new hay was there so I figured the job was done. I get another call saying, we need help with the hay. I go over and no one is there. Then the pickup and trailer are coming around the corner - full. We unloaded that trailer. I went to the ranch to load the trailer up again and unload it. Then we went to the ranch and loaded it up again. The last trailer is still sitting by the barn - unload tomorrow. I was supposed to go to the Ruby Station to do some work but that will be on hold now.

There were 8 or so people helping to unload the trailer so we had help. In unloading the trailer fast, we put some hay on the ground, which we later had to put onto pallets. Lesson learned - put pallets down first.

We had 80 degrees today so it was a bit warm for bucking hay which weighed 85 pounds. I survived though.

No comments: