Saturday, January 31, 2009

A foot of new snow!


I fell asleep and crashed after I got home yesterday. We had about 4 inches of snow on the ground. They predicted another 2 or 3 inches of snow through the night. I just went out to shovel and there is over a foot of snow! I have a 2 foot snow berm at the drive way. I will be shoveling for a while and I will put the chains on the old beast to get around today. Going to buy stuff to make chicken stew. I think I will put lime juice in it.

Got to get out and shovel some more.

See the car hidden in the snow? That one did not get smooshed! They shoveled it out after a week and moved it so the plows could clear the parking lot. The crunched car which I showed earlier is again completely covered with snow.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Well at least you got the snow you wanted. Enjoy the chikcen stew. I never thought of adding lime juice to it and will have to try it next time I am making it.

Anonymous said...

I made chicken noodle soup today too, no lime juice. Looks like your already planning your summer, get to check out a new haunt in NV, that will be fun for you. Hope your muscles aren't to sore with all that shoveling

Rich said...

It is Monday morning and I am more sore now than before. We had rain yesterday so the roads are clear again. It is now February - time is flying by, summer will be here soon.