Thursday, February 2, 2017

Frederick Douglass opens a twitter account to thank Pres Trump for mentioning him. (Frederick is dead so kind of difficult)

http://onehotmessalaska.blogspot.com/2017/02/frederick-douglass-opens-twitter.html


Frederick Douglass Opens Twitter Account from Beyond the Grave to Troll President Trump

Soooo, ummm . . . President Trump just described Frederick Douglass at a Black History Month Event as follows: 
"Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice."
In response, the famed ex-slave-turned-abolitionist, suffragist, author, editor, and diplomat--who died in 1895--opened a Twitter account from the site of his interment at the Douglass family plot at Mount Hope Cemetery in Rochester, NY.

The iconic historical figure seems to use the President's preferred medium and tone in an effort to troll him for his evident misapprehension that Mr. Douglass is currently doing "an amazing job" at anything or getting "recognized more and more," since he died 122 years ago.

@realFrederickDouglass: My autobiography, Life and Times of Frederick Douglass, is #1 best-seller on Amazon. 4x better sales than Art of the Deal! P.S. I am dead!

@realFrederickDouglass: Hope you like everything I did for women's suffrage! Even the losers, haters, and flat-chested "fives." Enjoy!

@realFrederickDouglass: Appreciate @realDonaldTrump congrats on AMAZING job I did to secretly educate myself and other slaves while still living under slavery in Maryland. My work is finally being recognized!

@realFrederickDouglass: @realDonaldTrump, your FAKE NATIONAL SECURITY immigrant BAN goes against everything I stood for (when I was alive 122 yrs ago). A horrible mess!

@realFrederickDouglass: My abolitionist paper, The North Star, has much better coverage of me than the failing New York Times has of @realDonaldTrump! 

@realFrederickDouglass: @realDonaldTrump pretended to know who I was when he obviously has no fucking idea. VERY DISHONEST!

@realFrederickDouglass: I will be asking for an investigation into the MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD that led to black ppl and women not voting for entire first half of U.S. history!

@realFrederickDouglass: My keynote speech at Emancipation Memorial was highest rated speech with biggest crowd ever! DISHONEST CNN chose not to cover it. TERRIBLE!

@realFrederickDouglass: Only thing I have in common with @realDonaldTrump is that we both had a bankruptcy and failed business! (Freedman's Savings Bank and New Era newspaper). SAD!

@realFrederickDouglass: My name is in your mouth yet you got elected by KKK whose rise I actively fought in 1868. Excuse me while I roll over in my grave. DISASTER!

No comments: