Saturday, October 15, 2016

Trump tweets rigged elections and his Crazy Followers make scary statements afterwards.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/15/1581936/-Trump-is-blaming-a-rigged-election-and-his-supporters-pivot-to-discussion-of-violent-rebellion?detail=facebook


Donald Trump sent out a message this morning that should send chills down your spine:
Trump is now actively working to delegitimize this election entirely because he is heading toward a crushing defeat of his own doing. As if that were’t deplorable enough, he’s turning up the dangerous rhetoric at his rallies. While Trump’s audiences appear to be getting smaller every day​, some of his most ardent followers are taking his cue and pivoting into extremely dangerous rhetoric themselves. Read some of the examples in this jaw-dropping article from The Boston Globe
“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”
Emphasis added. Others said they plant to carry-out Trump’s orders to watch the polls on election day:
“Trump said to watch you precincts. I’m going to go, for sure,” said Steve Webb, a 61-year-old carpenter from Fairfield, Ohio. 
“I’ll look for . . . well, it’s called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can’t speak American,” he said. “I’m going to go right up behind them. I’ll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I’m not going to do anything illegal. I’m going to make them a little bit nervous.”

No comments: