Sunday, July 31, 2016

Mother of slain Muslim Hero speaks to Trump

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/mother-of-slain-army-hero-responds-to-trump-all-america-felt-my-pain-except-you/


Ghazala Khan scolded Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Sunday during an interview with ABC News.
Khan is the mother of Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who died in Baghdad in 2004. She stood silently at her husband’s side last week as he blasted Trump in a speech at the Democratic National Convention. Her husband, Khizr, said Trump demonized Muslims but had “sacrificed nothing and no one” for his country.
Trump responded by insisting he had “made a lot of sacrifices” because he works “very, very hard.”
But Ghazala shot down that assertion during the Sunday interview.
“I don’t think he knows the meaning of [the word] sacrifice, because when I was standing there all America felt my pain without saying a single word.” she said. “Everybody felt that pain. I don’t know how he missed that… Please Mr. Trump. Feel that pain and you will be better.”
Khan said she was upset to learn that Trump had criticized her for not talking during her husband’s speech. She said she was in too much pain to speak out.
“I think my faith, Islam, has given us strength. All the men and women are equal in God’s eyes,” she added.

No comments: