Friday, June 10, 2016

President Obama on Fallon - Great - 'Orange is not the new black'

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/obama-mops-the-floor-with-trump-on-the-tonight-show-orange-is-not-the-new-black/


The president mocked the GOP for selecting Trump as their preferred replacement for him.
“Thank you, Congress, for spending eight years wishing you could replace me with a Republican,” Obama said, as an image of Trump was shown onscreen. “Or, to put it another way, how do you like me now?”
Obama touted some of his own accomplishments during another segment.
“I’m proud of the many progressive steps our country has taken in recent years, both socially and environmentally,” he said. “The United States has been a leader in developing clean energy to ensure the health of our planet for future generations. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, an additional 20 million Americans now have access to quality health care, and same-sex couples across the country now have a constitutional right to marry.”
“In short, climate change is real, health care is affordable and love is love,” Obama said.
Obama said he couldn’t run for a third term because “daddy has a Hawaiian vacation booked in about 223 days.”
“The American people face an important decision this fall,” he said. “The entire world is watching, and they look to us for stability and leadership. I know some of the candidates have been critical of my foreign policy. I don’t want to name any names, but I believe it is of the utmost importance to work alongside other world leaders. That’s why I signed the Iran nuclear deal. That’s why we reopened diplomatic ties with Cuba. And that’s why I negotiated the new trade deal called the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or TPP.”
Fallon interrupted and asked whether Obama was down with TPP.
“Yeah, you know me,” the president said, quoting hip-hop group Naughty By Nature. “Look, Jimmy, the TPP allows American businesses to sell their products both at home and abroad. The more we sell abroad, the more higher paying jobs we have here at home. It’s that simple.”
Fallon then set up the president with a question about whether he’d been watching election coverage of Trump.
“No, but I have been watching my new favorite show, ‘Orange Is Not The New Black,'” Obama said.

No comments: