Monday, April 11, 2016

College Student talks about the Racism she faces from Trump Supporters at her College.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/siu-students-epic-rant-shreds-campus-trump-bros-for-telling-blacks-to-go-back-to-africa/

Officials at Southern Illinois University said that an investigation had been launched into allegations that students supporting Donald J. Trump for president had targeted black students with racial epithets.
In a video posted to Facebook last week, a tearful Leilani Bartlett recalls her encounter with Trump supporters on campus.
“I’m just casually walking to school,” she recalls. “And you just see ‘Go Trump’ all over the motherf*cking floor on your way to class. You see ‘Build a Wall’ on the rocks and the monuments at the school. You see shit like ‘F*ck Bernie,’ shit like that.”
But Bartlett says that it was the students having an “open Trump forum” at her dorm that were the most upsetting.
“I’m all about having your own political views,” she explains. “But it’s the point where it gets disrespectful. Me and my friends are the minority in this residence hall. Meaning, it’s a handful of us and the rest are predominately white.”
“You’re openly discussing racism and being racist,” Bartlett continues. “They said the Black Lives Matter movement was retarded, they told us to go back to Africa, they saying the N word, calling us n*ggers, all types of stuff.”
Bartlett, however, vows in the video not to let the Trump supporters make her feel unwelcome “at a school that I pay $22,000 to go to.”
“I refuse to pay my money to get an education, to set the standard, to set the precedent for my siblings, my sisters and brothers that they can be successful only for you to deny me?” she says. “No, bro. I went down there and I confronted all of them.”
“Y’all want to have an open forum and an open discussion about black people, let me pull up a seat,” Bartlett quips. “Let me hear everything you have to say in my face.”

No comments: