Monday, August 3, 2015

I left at 7 AM and got back at 7:30 PM. Saw Native Dancing and Drumming.

I left this morning before 7 AM and had meetings all day.  It was interesting going over the usual paperwork.  I have not worked in a year so I needed a review.

The new Superintendent gave a talk which was very good.  He stressed behavior and specific approaches.  I usually have to teach principals and teachers about being reasonable with an out of control child unless there is a dangerous act or serious aggression.

Then we had a native speaker and we had a buffet followed by native dancers and drummers  It is so good to see young dancers with their mons and dads dancing and drumming with the kids.

I am so pleased to see the effort to keep the culture of their village alive.

They sure are feeding us well.  We get breakfast, lunch and dinner and it is awesome.


No comments: