Sunday, August 2, 2015

Email this morning says I will be flying from Anchorage to Barrow today. (Already here)

I got an email this morning saying that I will be flying out of Anchorage today.

I have already had 2 days of meetings in Barrow.  They had to reroute about 80 people and every flight in is packed with people who were supposed to be here last Thursday or Friday morning.  One group flew in Friday but a second plane had to turn back because of fog.

As I talk to people, I am finding that fog is a major problem and it is common for planes to be turned away.  There is often fog around Barrow and Dead Horse but the problem is when the fog hangs around the airport.

I have my list of students (10) and I will have a tough year.  I have 3 severe kids who will take a lot of time and effort.  I also have 7 who are in the regular class quite a bit.  The kids who severe are kids with great attitudes but limited skills.

One student is not fully potty trained so that is something I have not had to deal with in many years.

It is foggy this morning and 40 degrees.  I need to go to the store and buy some stuff for the village.

I go to the village this coming Wednesday.


No comments: