Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A miscarriage made her rethink Abortion

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/5/9095959/miscarriage-abortion-pro-choice

I don't know when life really starts, but I do know that it's okay for me to mourn the loss of my 10-week-old fetus and for me to simultaneously fight for another woman's right to end hers. In something so personal, so profoundly life-altering as pregnancy, it's silly to think that there is a simple black-and-white answer. It's also silly to think that if you're pro-choice you can't mourn a miscarriage or if you're pro-life you must be devastated by one.
We must defer to the woman and to what feels right to her, to the balance she strikes between the life she carries and the life she has
What's right for me, or sad for me, or joyous for me, may be just the opposite for another woman. In the absence of this knowing, knowing when life begins, we must defer to the woman and to what feels right to her, to the balance she strikes between the life she carries and the life she has.

No comments: