Friday, July 31, 2015

I spent the night at Fairbanks airport - This morning, I flew to Anchorage.

I have a ticket for Barrow at 2 PM but am hoping to get on a morning flight.  The flight is full so I wait standby.  I am told not to plan on getting on though.  The plane is on weather hold so this morning flight is an hour late.

I slept on a bench an was awaken at 4 AM by security and told I had to go through Security again.  First I had to talk to an agent who had no idea that 80 people were diverted to Fairbanks from Barrow.  Since I was first and there was a plane leaving for Anchorage in 40 minutes, she put me on that plane and got me a seat on the 2 PM flight to Barrow.  So, I sit and wait hope for leaving Anchorage to make a meeting at 9 AM.  Prudhoe Bay is fogged in now.

Wait, wait, wait.  I did fly on the Milkrun plane from Fairbanks to Anchorage.  It goes to juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and then Seattle.  It is one long flight.  I have flown from Juneau to Seattle on that route - took 6 hours.  Now I have taken the Fairbanks to Anchorage leg.

No comments: