Friday, October 17, 2014

ALASKA GOVERNOR PARNELL IGNORED THE SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE NATIONAL GUARD.

http://www.themudflats.net/archives/44718

As a U.S. Army National Guard veteran, I’ve watched with dismay as Gov. Sean Parnell’s administration ignored reports of unpunished sexual assault in the National Guard. The stories sounded all too familiar.
When I was in the Alaska National Guard, sexual harassment was all too common. As the only female recruiter in the Alaska Army National Guard, I was subjected to harassment by my immediate supervisor and two male recruiters to the point where it was intolerable. I reported sexual harassment, and a subsequent investigation confirmed it. However, the harassment did not stop. The “good ol’ boy” system kicked in and little was done to punish the perpetrators.
Sadly, I was not alone. The problems just seems to have gotten worse.

No comments: